Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chinese Bamboo... ~Aleph, Paulo Coelho~

I start by telling her a story.

"A man stumbles and falls into a deep hole. He asks a passing priest to help him out. The priest blesses him and walks on. Hours later, a doctor comes by. The man asks for help, but the doctor merely studies his injuries from afar, writes him a prescription and tells him to buy the medicine from the nearest pharmacy. Finally, a complete stranger appears. Again the man asks for help, and the stranger jumps in the hole. "Now what are we going to do?" says the man. "Now both of us are trapped down here." To which the stranger replies: " No we're not. I am from around here and I know how to get out.""

"Meaning", asks Monica.

"That I need strangers like that," I explain. "My roots are ready, but I will only manage to grow with the help of others. Not just you or J or my wife, but people I have never met. I am sure of that."

~Aleph; Paulo Coelho explaining the Chinese Bamboo to Monica, his agent. Apparently the Chinese Bamboo spends five years as a little shoot, using that time to develop its root system. And, then from one moment to the next, it puts on a spurt and grows up to twenty five meters high.~
Lokesh Grover
Pin: 21E6AD5B
+919910192828
+919810192828
facebook.com/lokesh.grover
(Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel)

No comments: